Friday, July 11, 2014

MUSIC: Colbie Caillat TRY

SONG: "Try" by Colbie Caillat 

After taking a break for a few years to write and record her new album Colbie Caillat is back with a brand new single! An inspiring new positive feel-good song about being yourself. She hopes it will inspire women to focus on their inner beauty. 


"I still love getting all dolled up. And then most of my days I love walking around with no makeup, my hair dried straight from the shower, in workout clothes or pyjamas." - Colbie Caillat

In the powerful new music video Colbie is featured along with other women revealing their beautified, photoshoped faces and then as the video progresses their bare no-makeup faces. 


"We shot the video in reverse, we started bare, and by the end we finished with the full hair and makeup, and then reversed the film for the finished product. All of the women were amazing. When I shot the first scene with no hair and makeup on in front of an HD camera in my face, flashed with bright lights, everyone was watching. I thought, “Oh my god, I bet they’re all looking at my blemishes, thinking that I should cover them up, or that I should put some volume in my hair." But it also felt really cool to be on camera with zero on, like literally nothing on." 


"Try" is featured on Colbie's brand new EP Gypsy Heart, available now on iTunes


 "I don’t have Photoshop on my album cover. At the video shoots, I’m doing less hair and makeup."


COLBIE CAILLAT  |  TRY 

Take your makeup off, 
Let your hair down, 
Take a breath, 
Look into the mirror at yourself,  
Don't you like you? 
Coz I like you. 






CONNECT with Colbie 

Facebook: facebook.com/colbiecaillat
Twitter: twitter.com/colbiecaillat
Instagram: instagram.com/colbiecaillat
Youtube: youtube.com/colbiecaillat

No comments: