Monday, June 21, 2010

ALBUM REVIEW: Christina Aguilera Bionic


CHRISTINA AGUILERA Bionic 
album review 

I recently purchased Christina Aguilera's new album "Bionic". My expectations of this album were low from what I had seen and heard via the internet, but I must admit I am quite impressed with the album! Overall it's a very different sound and vibe than Christina's previous albums like "Stripped" and "Back to Basics". Of course there is the classy ballads like "Lift Me Up" and "You Lost Me" for the fans who love Christina's powerful voice. But the tracks that are truly my favourites are the uptempo edgy dance tracks like "Not Myself Tonight", "WooHoo", "Prima Donna", "Desnudate" and "Vanity". On these tracks Christina becomes her dirrty, sexy Xtina persona she introduced to us back in her Stripped days. 

There are a few tracks on this album that I don't like at all; "Elastic Love", "Bobblehead", "Birds of Prey" all have lyrics and music that is very much to put it nicely annoying to listen to. Highlights of this album are the intros "Love and Glamour", "Morning Dessert" and "My Heart' which features Christina's young son Max singing and saying "Mama".

Overall this album is well worth purchasing whether you buy the cd to get the glossy sexy lyric booklet or the iTunes version which features a bonus track. Stripped is still my favourite Christina album, but Bionic is a new sound for Christina and one of the best albums I have bought in a very long time. I give Bionic 4 out of 5 stars. 




VIDEO Bionic ALBUM REVIEW with my friend Matt



https://youtu.be/wv3Fj9A-dAw

No comments: