Sunday, June 17, 2018

HUDA BEAUTY: Smokey Obsessions Palette


HUDA BEAUTY 
Smokey Obsessions


Every woman loves a smokey eye, right? 
Having the right eyeshadows to create the perfect smokey eye is essential. Luckily Huda Beauty have created the Smokey Obsessions palette, to help you master the smokey eye. 

This palette combines 4 mattes with 5 metallic shimmers and includes an intense black, 4 shades of brown and shimmery shades of champagne, gold and silver. 




Since purchasing this palette last month from a Sephora store, I have enjoyed using it everyday! What I love about this eyeshadow palette is it's versatility. I can create neutral shimmer eyes, golden smokey eye look, black and silver smokey eyes, a natural brown everyday look. It's also a great eyeshadow palette to create a soft daytime look in the morning and then build it up to a smokey look for night. 

Gold smokey eye - Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions Palette

I purchased my Smokey Obsessions palette from Sephora for $48. When it comes to getting your hands on Huda Beauty in Australia, it's much easier to purchase her eyeshadow palettes in store at your local Sephora, than order on her website and pay for shipping to Australia. 

I love the size of this palette. It's mini compared to Huda's rose gold or desert dusk palette but the eyeshadows are the same size, so it's great value and perfect for your purse or beauty bag. 



Application Tip: 
The metallic shimmery shades in this palette are very creamy and extremely metallic. The formula of these shadows is very different to any other eyeshadow I have tried before. These shimmery shades are incredible and best applied with your finger tips. Application with an eyeshadow brush is not as affective, and not something I recommend. The colour payoff is much better when applied with your finger. 

I usually apply the matte shades first with an eyeshadow brush and then dap the metallic shades on top with my fingers. 




In this review I discuss the eyeshadow shades including swatches, discuss the price and packaging and give my overall thoughts of this palette. 


VIDEO Huda Beauty Smokey Obsessions Palette Review 




https://youtu.be/_4CDqaN5jQA

No comments: