Thursday, June 26, 2014

LET'S GET SOCIAL: Lauren Day 2.0

Welcome to Lauren Day 2.0! 

Do you ever feel like sometimes you just don't belong? 

Last year I embarked on a journey of self discovery after dealing with a few months of deep depression and lack of self esteem. I was in between "day" jobs and struggling to be enthusiastic about my makeup business. I had made the change to a cruelty-free makeup artist, left Mary Kay and Youtube but I was still searching for my place in the beauty industry. Where did I fit now? Did I still want to be a Makeup Artist after all these years? I didn't know… I guess you could say I was lost. After painting faces for a friend's wedding earlier last year I took a break from being a professional Makeup Artist to find a new path and rediscover my passion for life again. With over 10 years in the beauty industry working as a qualified makeup artist and beauty consultant for Mary Kay I decided that I needed a change. (A really big one!) 
I needed something new, something to spark my interest in a new project. I have always had a passion for social media and loved Facebook and Twitter and I thought to myself  'Hey there must be a way I can turn my social media obsession into a job - right?'. I had seen first hand how something small that you create can grow after starting the #TatumTuesday tag on instagram in 2012 and being recognised by Channing Tatum. I wanted to find out more about social media and how it really worked. Fortunately for me soon after telling my mother "One day I'm gonna find a way to get paid to send tweets" I landed a dream job working part-time for an incredible social media company on the Gold Coast. I started working there last June and after a year of balancing work as a Social Media Consultant and finding the new me, I found my true happiness! 
We seem to always be searching for the ultimate "thing" that will make us eternally happy, whether that's falling in love, raising a family or climbing the corporate ladder. I found my happiness in just being me. I've never been the type of girl who has stuck to a 9 - 5 job. (I guess my creative side likes to be free.) But I have managed to find the absolute perfect job for me! (14 years after graduating… yeah took me long enough!) Now I really love what I do! Much more than I did being a makeup artist and although I will never stop being passionate about my craft and all things beauty I found that pursuing something that is unique and for-filling on a daily basis is much more my cup of tea. 
Anyway, the point of this blog post is to let my readers know that the direction of this blog will be changing. (YAY for change!) 
Instead of the focus being on Lauren Day the Makeup Artist, the focus will be more about my life, my experiences, beauty and social media. There will also be movie, music and product reviews too! 
My beauty videos are still online for you to view but the frequency of me uploading them will be less as more of my focus will be on blogging. So stay tuned friends… As they say the best is yet to come!


Lauren Day Makeup 

Instagram: @laurendaymakeup

No comments: