MAKE OUT 2013: The Plan
I'm Lauren Day. I'm a Makeup Hoarder.
I'm the girl that was once a tom boy who never wore makeup and I've become the girl who has too much makeup - more makeup than I could ever need or wear myself. I always wanted new makeup, more makeup, more beauty items, I bought too much. Some items I have bought still remain un-opened. My makeup collection now occupies 4 rooms of the house; my bathroom, my bedroom, my dining room and my spare room (makeup storage / junk room!) I even have whole storage systems that hold makeup items that I "don't use anymore". My makeup is OCC! Out of control, baby! I need an intervention!
So, I have made the decision to join PinkSoFoxy's Make Out 2013 movement.
Christine from PinkSoFoxy is restricting herself to only 10 makeup purchases for whole year (2013). For myself being a Pro Makeup Artist, Beauty Blogger and yes I admit it Makeup Hoarder I need to give myself more room than just 10 purchases. However I want to also throw out makeup as part of my Make Out 2013 - in the hope I can downside my makeup collection by the end of 2013. So here are my rules for my Make Out 2013 Beauty Mission.
Make Out 2013: My Guidelines
Duration: December 2012 - December 2013 (13 Months)
Mission: Thoughtful minimal makeup purchases + Shopping our own Beauty collections
Rules: set your own allowances and exceptions
Result: Save money + reduce our beauty collection + stop bad spending habits
- Use up and throw away 10 products per month
- Re - organise makeup/beauty collection - check monthly
- Clean my ALL brushes once a month (don't be lazy Lauren!)
- No Nail Polish purchases (except O.P.I by Mariah Carey)
- No Perfume purchases (except Mariah Carey fragrance)
- 3 makeup purchases per month (foundation, lipstick, mascara etc)
- 3 beauty purchases per month (body lotion, skincare, nail care etc)
- 3 hair care purchases per month (shampoo, hair gel, hair spray etc)
Excluding from Make Out 2013:
- Personal Care -Toothpaste, feminine hygiene products, hand soap etc
- Natural Beauty - like coconut oil, lavender essential oil etc
- Makeup Artist Essentials - makeup/nail polish remover, cotton tips, brushes etc
Failure is not an option!
My MAKEOUT 2013 Video: Plan of Action
PinkSoFoxy Make Out 2013 Video: Lifestyle Makeover